- Location:Multiple Locations
Benham, working alongside Lendlease and the International Hotels Group (IHG), was the lead architect for the first cross laminated timber (CLT) structure on a US military installation and the first all CLT hotel under any ownership type in the country. The Privatization of Army Lodging (PAL) program is an Army-led, public-private venture established as a means of revitalizing on-post transient housing facilities for Soldiers, their families and all official government travelers. The renewable CLT material provides for flexibility of design and typically requires a smaller workforce and yields significantly faster project delivery with a “green” structure that measured up well with anti-terrorism/force protection requirements. The Redstone Arsenal Candlewood Suites is one of four CLT projects executed by Lendlease worldwide.
Benham also provided comprehensive design and construction administration services for the construction of multiple new hotels which IHG operates under its Candlewood Suites® brand, including:
- • Fort Hood, TX (design of a new 139 guestroom lodging facility)
- • Fort Riley KS (design of a new 109 guestroom lodging facility)
- • Yuma Proving Ground, AZ (design of a new 108 guestroom lodging facility)
- • Fort Leonard Wood, MO (renovation of 39 lodging facilities consisting of 1644 guestrooms)
- • Fort Gordon, GA (design of a new 138 guestroom lodging facility)
- • Redstone Arsenal, AL (design of a new 92 guestroom lodging facility)
Benham…designing and delivering value.