- Client:City of Oklahoma City
- Location:Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Oklahoma City’s Will Rogers Airport needed to be renovated by 2012 to meet the projected increase in airport traffic demand. Benham provided its architecture and engineering planning, design and construction administration services to remodel and expand the existing terminal, arrival/departure ramps and drop off/pick up areas. The project was conducted in four phase increments that enabled the airport to maintain continuous operation, minimizing disruptions to the public and tenants.
The project included renovation of 290,000 square feet of space and 200,000 square feet of new construction, increasing the total terminal area to 490,000 square feet with 17 aircraft gates. Renovations/expansions included:
• Expanding the front of the existing terminal building including a ground transportation plaza
• Remodeling a two-story parking structure
• Designing and building new hold rooms at the airline gates and circulation space in both the concourse and ticket lobby
• Redeveloping concessions
• Expanding baggage claim area
• Designing new furnishings (seating, rental car counters, and standardized airline ticketing counter modules)
The Oklahoma Airport Operators Association (OAOA) named Will Rogers Airport the 2006 Airport of the Year based on the completion of the renovation.